ROYAL PRIESTHOOD INTL. MIN.
MINISTRY OF THE Word
MINISTRY OF THE Word
Apostles Drs. Richard and Kellie Cianchetti
PART ONE: GOD’S WILL FOR HEALING
1) Isaiah 53:5: “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The Chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.”
2) 1 Peter 2:24: “ Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, might live for righteousness – By whose stripes you were healed.”
3) Mark 16: 17-18
4) Mark 5:25-34
5) Mathew 8:17
6) Mathew 10:8-9
7) Mark 11:24
MINISTER HEALING BY LAYING ON OF HANDS:
1) I minister on four passages of scripture under a method called Faith Healing. It is called Faith Healing because you must exercise your Faith to receive healing, but I also exercise Faith on your behalf.
2) I am not the healer – Jesus is. Therefore, those coming to me for healing must look beyond me and see Jesus.
3) Faith Healing is not the only way to be healed. I know of seven different ways to be healed, but this is the primary way the Holy Spirit uses me in Ministry.
4) In order to be healed in this method, you have to know that it is God’s Will that you be healed.
5) It is not enough to know that God can heal you if He wants to; you have to know that He does want to.
6) You have to know that it is His Will for you to be healed, because faith can only be exercised where the Will of God is known.
7) In other words, if you don’t know that God wants to heal you, how can you exercise faith to believe that He will?
8) You might hope that he will, but hoping is not faith. The only way you can do that is to know God’s Will. The only place where we can find God’s will is in His Word. God’s Will is His Word. (The Bible)
9) Let me show you two passages of scripture, out of many, that will show that it is the Will of God for you to be healed.
10) The first passage we look at is Mathew 8:17: “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Prophet Isaiah saying...”He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses”.
11) Please note that it says: “He Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses.” It is obvious that if He took them Himself, that He does not want us to have them. If he did want us to have them, He wouldn’t have taken them!”
12) The second scripture is 1 Peter 2:24: “Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, might live for righteousness - By whose strips you were healed. (39 stripes on His Back represent 39 Major Diseases in the world).
13) The word “were” is past tense and it indicates that as far as God is concerned, we are already healed. Not going to be healed, but were healed.
14) We have to know that, believe that, and by faith receive it, and then it becomes yours personally. Now when it says that “by His stripes you were healed”, it refers to when Jesus was beaten and whipped by the Romans with a leather whip.
15) The heavenly Father then saw every major disease of Man-kind transferred (symbolically) to the body of Jesus thru the lashes of the whip.
16) Then they took him to Calvary and killed Him. When they killed him, they killed the sickness and diseases. That why in the bible it says “By His Stripes you were healed”.
17) The third scripture we look at explains why I lay hands on the sick. The laying on of hands is one of God’s accepted methods by which His Healing Power is released on your behalf.
18) When I lay hands on you, it becomes a channel through which His Healing Power flows to your body. With that in mind, look at the words of Mark: 16:17-18. “And these signs will follow them that believe; In my name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
19) Notice it says those signs will follow them that believe……”In My name,…….they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.” So if you are sick, you qualify for this. I am one of those who believes, I have hands, so I qualify to minister. That means that we can expect it to work, because we meet the qualifications.
ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH: Jesus said, “……they will recover,” so there is no way that I can tell you how long it may take because I don’t know the level of your Faith is at any particular time in your spiritual growth and development. It’s the Faith that releases the healing power of God. There is a case of the woman with the flow of blood for twelve years (Mark 5:25-34). Consider the verse 34: “and He said to her, daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction.”
20) In Mark 11: 24: It says “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” At the very moment you pray, believe that you receive your healing. He says “When you Pray, believe that you receive them………Them what? Them desires, in this case your healing!.
21) After you have prayed and believed that you have received them, the most natural thing to say after I pray for you and lay hands on you is “Father I thank you. I believe that I received my healing and therefore I believe that I am healed.
22) You are making a confession of Faith. You are not saying that you know that you are healed; you are not saying that you look like you are healed; you are saying, “I believe that I am healed.”
23) God’s Word then becomes your evidence, not your physical body. God’s Word says that with His Stripes, you were healed, so that is your evidence. You need to continue making that confession until the manifestation comes.
24) Let’s look at Mark 11:23 about our confession, and Proverbs 18:21.
PART II: PROSPERITY: “God’s News for God’s People”
PART II: PROSPERITY: “God’s News for God’s People”
1) While there are many financially successful Christians who live lives that are beyond reproach, there are far too many others who are financially defeated and unable to pay their bills.
2) It is a sad commentary when we see the precious people of God, who love and serve Him so diligently, bankrupt and dispossessed with regard to the material advantages of life.
3) If prosperity belongs to anyone, it belongs to the children of the Lord. What is even more sad then their poverty is the fact that many times these deprived followers of Christ will not accept teaching that can set them free from the bondage of this world’s economic system.
4) There are people in churches today, particularly denominational churches, who are taught that they will receive their blessings and riches in the sweet bye and bye, over there on the other side. Certainly we should expect to receive our rewards when the time comes according to the works we have done in the flesh. But what are we to do in the interim while living here in the earth? What about the here and now?
5) It seems totally unreasonable to believe that a loving and caring Father would want His children to struggle through life, just barely getting by. The Bible does not substantiate such a condition.
6) The following scriptures attest to this fact. If you will study these verses with an open heart and mind, I believe that you will come to the same conclusion I did.
“I have come that you may have life, and that you may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
“But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.” (Psalms 34:10)
“Honor the Lord with your possessions and with your first fruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.” (Proverbs 3:9)
“And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth that He may establish His Covenant which He swore to your Fathers…..” (Deut. 8:18)
“I traverse the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of justice, that I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries.” (Proverbs 8:20, 21)
“And My God shall supply all your need according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
“But seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all of these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33)
“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers”. (3 John 2)
7) I believe that theses scriptures alone – and there are many more - clearly establish the fact that God wants His children to prosper financially, as well as spiritually and physically. Amen!
8) The Devil’s ploy is to deceive the Christians into thinking that they can never obtain material wealth. He knows that if Christians become financially independent of the world’s way o doing things, he will no longer control our progress.
9) Christians should rejoice in this fact, because through our prosperity, Satan Loses! Our wealth makes it possible to spread the Good News of the Gospel.
10) There is a spiritual law known as Sowing and Reaping, or the Law of Divine Reciprocity. If you plant a seed, the ground will give you a harvest. This giving and receiving process is a good example of how the Reciprocity relationship works. The ground can only give back to you as you give to the ground.
11) The entire Word of God is based upon this Law of Reciprocity. In Luke 6:38: Jesus said: ”Give and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
12) In II Corinthians 9:6 states: “He, who sows sparingly, will also reap sparingly; and he who sows bountifully, will also reap bountifully.”
13) In Matthew 7:7 declares: “Ask, and it will be given to you, seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened for you”
14) Whatever the story, or situation, the implication is always, “give and you shall receive.” Indeed, the opposite is indicated: If you don’t ask, you won’t get; If you don’t seek, you won’t find; and if you don’t plant, you won’t get a harvest!
15) There is always a relationship between the recipient and the supplier – The believer and the Lord!
16) Knowing God as your source and supplier is a way to operate independently of the worlds system and its control over your circumstances.
17) The Bible says that Christ gave His Life “That the Blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus”. I am in Christ, and I am a gentile. What about you?
18) In Gen 24:31-35: it says “The Lord has blessed my master greatly, and he has become great; and He has given him flocks, and herds, silver and gold, and male and female servants, and camels, and donkeys.”
19) You have to be blind to not see that this is talking about material blessings. With this knowledge, we can better understand that scripture in Galations3:14: means when it says: “That the blessings of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles.”
20) In Chapter 28 of Deuteronomy, we find the description of all of the blessings and curses of the law. In other words, what will come upon you if you are obedient or disobedient?
21) HOW TO TAP IN: Now that we have established its God’s will for us to prosper financially, and materially, we need to determine what will hinder the blessings.
22) If you want to avail yourself to the blessings, you have to be living a lifestyle that is in line with God’s Word.
In Malachi 3:8 it states: “Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed me in! But you say, in what way have we robbed you?” (God Answers) In Tithes and Offerings”.
23) Based upon this scripture, if you are not a thither, you are a God Robber. Therefore you are cursed with a curse…..” (Malachi 3:9).
24) Whether you know it or not, there is a curse loose in this earth-realm. There are multitudes of people operating in that curse without even knowing it.
25) Earlier I talked about Reciprocity relationships. Tithes and offerings fall into that category of reciprocity, because the moment you give, God gives.
26) However there is a time element involved. God is in the spirit world, and that spirit world is outside the realm of the physical .The blessings have to come from the spiritual world into the physical world, and it is Faith that makes the transfer.
27) Satan is out there sitting between two worlds ready to steal our blessings. The only way we can keep his hands off of them is with our Faith.
28) By confessing the Word and saying, “In the name of Jesus, I believe I receive the windows of heaven blessings,” we make inroads into the spirit realm and bring our blessings from the spirit world into the physical world.
29) When you systematically continue to make confessions relative to your tithes and offerings, Satan cannot touch your blessings. Until we do what God told us to do, he can steal everything and there isn’t anything God can do about it.
30) Where is the storehouse: Another important factor to understand about tithing is where the storehouse is located.
31) Malachi 3:10 tells us to:
“Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and try me now in this,” Says the Lord of Hosts, “If I will not open the windows of heaven, and pour out to you such a blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it”
33). The tithe is considered 10 % of your net income, whether that income comes from a job, or farming sales, or whatever income you are getting.
34).The storehouse is where you are being taught how to apply the Word of God. Usually in your church where you fellowship with the saints. The key words ate being taught or being fed.
35). Remember you will have to be accountable to the Lord for where you give your tithes.
SEED TIME AND HARVEST:
1). There is a time frame from the time you begin tithing until the blessing shows up. I am sure that you know that you can’t plant a seed on Sunday morning, and get a harvest by Sunday night. Seeds don’t grow that fast.
2). The moment you plant the seed into good ground, the germination process begins. When the elements of the seed and the soil begin the interact, germination immediately begins.
3). A few weeks later you go out to water the seed where you planted it, you may notice that the earth is cracked in that area. The next day when you check it, the crack begins to grow wider.
4). In the following days, you will begin to see a small blade pop out of the ground. In the coming weeks the blade gets bigger and bigger until it becomes a full plant.
5), When you first saw the green blade above the ground is not when the seed started growing. The seed was growing all the time, but the ground hindered you from seeing it. This is why it is important to maintain your confession of “I believe I received”, because in the spirit world, such a profession keeps your plant (whatever you are believing and confessing for) growing.
6). Don’t do as some people do relative to tithing. When they don’t see a manifestation of what they are believing for right away, they say, “well, that is really something! I planted that seed seven days ago and I don’t see anything yet. I will just go ahead and pour cement over it and make a patio instead.
7). If you do that you will be missing your blessing. In the natural, you have learned to have confidence that the seed you may have planted is growing all the time, even though you can’t see it.
8). Your physical eyes cannot penetrate the ground, but you keep watering your seed, believing eventually you will see the results. It is the same in the spirit world. You cannot see into the spirit world just as you cannot see into the ground.
9). Since you believe God is going to pour you out a blessing, you should have your baskets ready to receive. You have to do this by Faith, or the devil will steal what rightfully belongs to you. You can have confidence that he cannot steal what belongs to you because of what God promises in Malachi 3:11.
“and I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field.” Says the Lord of Hosts. Amen!
10). Once I found out how to operate in the provisions God has made available for the body of Christ, I was able to get out from under that curse that he had plagued me all of my adult life.
(Give short testimony about getting our needs met, with school of ministry and not working)
10). Once I discovered that the way to prosperity was through tithing, I got on it like white on rice, and stuck with it.
11), Once you start tithing, it’s like your under an umbrella of God’s protection. It may be raining all around you, but while you are under the umbrella, it is dry. The rain is like the curse of the Law falling all around us on this earth, but we can get underneath the umbrella of God’s Word.
12). It takes time for a person’s Faith to grow to a point where the person starts receiving the fruit from the seed that has been planted into the Kingdom thru tithes and offerings.
13). Now if you should decide to borrow from the tithe because of some pressing financial need, with the intention of tithing again, then there is a 20% penalty added to it.
Levitus: 27:30.31: “And all the tithe of the land whether of the seed of the land or of of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord’s. It is Holy to the Lord. If a man wants at all to redeem any of his tithes, he shall add one-fifth, or 20% to it.
14). When you stop tithing, you are operating under the curse, and subject to the attacks of the enemy
John 10:10 3 John 2 2 Cor. 9:6 Gen. 24:31,32
Phil. 4:19 PS 34:10 Deut. 8:18 Matt. 7:7
Gal. 3:13,14 Prov. 3:9,10 Deut. 28: 1-8 Matt. 8:18
Mal. 3:8-11 Prov. 8:20, 21 Luke 6:38 Matt. 6:33 Lev. 27:30,31
PART III: FAITH - “ACTING ON THE WORD OF GOD”
1) Faith Definition: The basic definition of Faith is acting on what you believe. – I am talking about Faith in God. The principle works the same in the natural world, as in the spiritual world.
2) If you say you believe something, but fail to act on what you believe – although what you believe may be true – you will get no benefit from it.(Example of key to car).
3) You have to act on what you believe to get results. So the simplest explanation of Faith is acting on what you believe.
4) Now relative to God – Faith is acting on God’s Word. You say you believe the Word of God – then act on it, or do the Word of God. James 2:20 says “But do you not know, o foolish man, that faith without works is dead?”
5) If you don’t have works to back up what you are saying – then what you are saying or confessing is not going to do you any good. The amplified bible says that “Faith apart from good works is inactive and ineffective and worthless.
6) Lets look at what the Bible Definition says about Faith. Look at Hebrews 11:1“Now Faith is – Faith is now, - the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” “ By Faith the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
7) Hebrews 11:6: “But without Faith, it is impossible to please Him, he who comes to God, must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.”
Example: “By Faith, Noah being divinely warned of the things not yet seen, moved with Godly fear, prepared an Ark for the saving of his household by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to Faith.”
8) Many Christians have not been able to live in victory in many areas of their lives because they have not understood that they have to act on what they believe. What the Christians believe must be based upon what is written in the Word.
9) When you begin to walk in the Word of God instead of confessing with your mouth and seeing with your eyes the things that are in the Physical realm, you begin to see the things that are in the realm of God, and that brings God on the scene.
10) For instance, Matthew 8:17 says “He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses,” and 1 Peter 2:24 says “...By His stripes we were healed.”
11) If you believe you are well, then you have to talk well, act well, and think well for your faith to work. You can’t believe in healing and act sick, talk sick, and think sick. Those are not corresponding actions.
12) Your faith is without works and therefore dead, as the Word says. When you have corresponding action, your faith will rise above the sickness, the disease, and the pain, and drive them out.
13) So we see that Faith is doing something! We also see that Faith is confessing something – what the Word of God says about us.
14) FAITH’S CONFESSION: Whatever you have claimed, you must confess that you believe you receive it or have it. Many times people say “Well, I’m not going to say I’m healed when I still hurt. And if someone asks me how I feel, and I feel terrible, I can’t lie and tell them I feel good. That would be lying.
15) But notice what Jesus said in Mark 11:24: “Therefore I say to you, whatsoever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them” He did not say to feel like it, He said to believe it.
Take healing for instance. After I have claimed my healing for a condition, then I say “Lord, I believe I receive my healing according to your Word in Matthew 8:17 which says “He himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses: as well a 1 Peter 2:24,which says ….by His stripes you were healed”. By His stripes I was healed. If I was, then I am. According to your Word, I believe that I am healed” Amen.
16) Sometimes you may have a change for the worse in the areas of healing. The moment you start moving in Faith, the devil will come and try to put the screws on you. Why?. Because he is the author of sickness and disease, and he is the agent that brings sickness and disease to you.
17) If you are living in sin, and are in rebellion to the Will of God, you are opening the door for the devil to come and bring sickness on you. You cannot live in sin, and expect to walk in good health.
18) The devil will play tricks on your mind by telling you that you are still sick. Then he will shoot pain at you, He throws sickness and darts at your body. Then you begin to say them and your confession will cause to doubt and unbelief, and you will lose your faith, and your healing. Don’t do that. Start confessing the Word of God over your body, and Bind the enemy from your mind. By His stripes I am healed devil!
19) Don’t confess negative things. You have what you say. You say, oh, I believe I am getting sick, I don’t feel so good. Guess what, you will get sick because of your confession.
20) Let’s prove that: Look at Proverbs 18:21: “Death and Life are in the power of the tongue,and those who love it, will eat its fruit”. Now look at Proverbs 6:2You are snared by the words of your mouth; You are taken by the words of your mouth.” “
21) See we can be snared and trapped by the words of your mouth. Death and Life are in the power of your tongue. God created the worlds with Words by speaking them. He said let there be light, and there light. Etc. He made us in His Image, and gave us His power to do the same thing He does. Lay hands on the sick, cast out the devils, and raise the dead.
22) Lets look at another scripture. In Mark 11:23: This is a spiritual Law. “For assuredly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, be thou removed and be cast into the seas, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatsoever he says”
23) The word believes is used once in this verse, but the word “say” is used three times. Believing is important, but believing without saying, you will not get what you believe, and will not affect you in a personal way.
24) The principles of Confession are – saying with your mouth what you believe in your heart. Isn’t that what you did, when you made a confession of faith to receive salvation?
25) Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth!
26) Faith and belief is not the same thing. Faith and belief are two sides of the coin. You have to have both sides to be legal tender. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. When you go over and over and over it, it will register in your mind.
27) Just like a commercial on TV. You notice, how many times a commercial will come and repeat itself. It gets planted in your mind enough that you will act on the word that was spoken to you. Same way with Pornography. If you look at obscene pictures all the time, it gets into your mind and will become a seed, until you will bring it to pass, and do the sin adultery, or fornication.
28) In Matthew 13:3-4: Jesus tells of the parable: “Behold a sower went out to sow, and as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside, and the birds came and devoured them” Jesus said that the seed is the Word; and the birds are Satan and his henchmen who come to pluck the seed before it has a chance to germinate, take root, and becomes strong.
29) So soon as Satan comes with pressures, temptations, those people go down. In Romans 10:17: says that “So then Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God”. The scripture does not say that Faith comes by having heard, it says that Faith comes by hear and hearing, and hearing.
30) That means that we can never hear too much of the Word. We are a spirit, and the spirit within us needs the word of God to survive. If you are not feeding it with the Word of God, you will be feeding it with the trash of the world, and guess what, you will be backsliding before long.
31) Look at Mark 4:24: Then He said to them, “Take head what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.” Your ears are the gateway to your spirit. They are mechanisms by which Faith comes.
32) That’s why you will never hear a Millionaire going around and saying things like, “I guess I will always be poor”. To say things like that will affect your faith negatively, before he even earns his first dime or cedi, Amen?
33) FAITH IS NOW: There is a time for faith. Faith can never be past or future, it must be now! In Hebrews 11:1: “Now Faith is, the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” The verb “is” which means present tense. Faith is; this is different than Faith was, or will be. God is a present tense God, a God of Now.
34) If we don’t see God that way, we are going to miss out on the blessings of God. If you don’t have faith for now, you won’t get your prayers answered.
35) When you hear someone say “Well, I am hoping and praying that someday God will do thus and so”. Just know that that person just missed god. A statement like that puts God and your belief in the future. When you restrict faith to the future, it will not work.
36) It will keep you hoping, but all hope can do is keep a smile on your face as your ship is going down. Faith will keep your ship afloat.
37) In Romans 12:3: It says” For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to thinks soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of Faith.”
38) The word “Measure” indicates to us that faith is a measurable quantity, and that it can be in manifestation at a greater or lesser degree at any given time.
39) If you want your Faith to grow, you have to feed it on the Word of God You have to feed your mind with the Word continually, and praying in other tongues helps build up your most holy Faith Jude 20.
40) If you are a man or woman of Faith, you are a person of discipline – you have things in order because your God is a God of order. He is not the author of confusion, so if you are operating in confusion, you have left God out along the way.
41) To develop your faith you must exercise it daily - either use it or lose it. If you do not continue to develop a talent, you will lose proficiency in it. It is the same with spiritual things. If you do not use your faith, it will not be available to aid you when you need it most.
42) Start out using your faith on little things, not life and death situations, as in a terminal illness. Try simple things like headaches, rather than taking a aspirin, or bufferin, try your faith to it.. Knock it out with the power of the Word. Amen!
43) THE THIEF OF FAITH: Do you have any idea what the greatest thief in the Christian community is? It is not a car thief, not a mugger, not a burglar, and not a purse snatcher. The Greatest thief in the Christian community is Doubt.
Websters dictionary defines doubt: as “to waver in opinion” or belief”; inclined to disbelief; to be fearful, apprehensive, or suspicious of something.” Doubt will continue to prey on the people of God until they find out how it operates.
44) But a lot of people don’t realize that they are doubting, and that they are being destroyed because of it. They think they are honest skeptics, but they are really doubters who refuse to take the Word of God.
45) In John 10:10: it says “I have come that you have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
God wants us to have abundant life, over and above our needs. He wants us to succeed, not fail, in life. He wants us to live out a full productive life span on this earth.
46) You cannot successfully operate in the Kingdom of God, or by the Word of God, if you allow doubt to have a place in your life. If you give doubt place in your life, you will cut off the blessings of God so that they cannot flow to you.. You can’t blame God, and you won’t be able to blame the devil. It will be your fault.
47) That is the devils trump card. If he can get you to doubt and be in fear, and intimidation, instead of faith, then you will find yourself outside the Will of God. He tries to control our thought life. That’s where the battle is in your mind.
48) Look at Mark 11:23: “Assuredly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.”
49) Jesus says “does not doubt in his heart, but believes…….” Indicating that doubt and belief are opposites. In fact they are opposites. Doubt may be the reason your prayers are not getting answered. Doubt and unbelief will kill your prays right away. You will have to start over again, and re-pray that prayer that you negated.
50) THE BATTLEFIELD OF FAITH: In 2 Cor. 10: 1-5: “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.”
51) When you live by Faith, you are going to be attacked. In verse three, Paul says, “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh”. In verse four, Paul talks about “……..the weapons of our warfare”. From these two scriptures, we can see that we are in a conflict, or as Paul puts it, - a warfare.
52) The word carnal refers to things that are fleshly, or of the body. In other words, our bodies are not weapons we use in this type of warfare. The word argumentsCasting means to throw away from where you are to a point away from you.refer to reasoning’s, or mental activity.
53) With this in mind we can paraphrase this verse this way: “Throwing down reasoning’s, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.” Christians are in a titanic struggle with Satan and his cohorts, who are seeking to destroy us, to make our witness ineffectual, to render us powerless, and helpless concerning the things of God.
54) The first thing that Satan will attack is our minds, the arena of our faith. The mind is the brunt of the warfare for our faith occurs. If Satan can control our thought life, our thinking process, he will control our faith. If he can control our faith, he can control our lives.
55) In the man who is Spirit filled, Spirit led, Spirit guided Christian, the center of his motivation is his spirit. His spirit controls his mind, which in turn controls his body. He is doing as Proverbs 3:5, 6 instructs: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all of your ways, acknowledge Him, And He will direct your paths.”
56) If your spirit is going to control you, then it will shoot information to your mind to your body to get in line with the Word. If your body is going to control you, it is going to tell you are sick, and your mind is going to tell your body…Okay body, acts as if you are sick, get into bed.”
57) Paul continues in 2 Corin.10:5 with the verse …”Bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.” In other words, you are the custodian of your thought life. You are to control your thinking. No one’s mind is off limits to Satan. You don’t have to yield to it. Your mind is also open to God’s influence. Amen.
58) You’re the one who must determine whose influence will guide your thinking. This is why we need the Word of God in us. It is the Word of god that is the light, that takes away the darkness, so that we can see.. Satan’s attack is always to cast doubt on the truthfulness of the Word. Amen.
PART – IV “PRAYER”- What is it and How to do it”
PART – IV “PRAYER”- What is it and How to do it”
1) Too many people go thru life failing because we never learn how to avoid traps that bring on failures. So much we do learn is by wrong teaching and ineffective application, or we choose to disobey that which is taught accurately.
2) In the long run, we live a life of trial and error, and gather a lot of bumps and bruises along the way. There is a much better way to go thru this need to do is follow the tenets of God’s Word Amen!
3) One of those tenets is that we, His people, should always pray. However, do you really know what prayer is? Do you really know how to pray? Think about it. Most people, - and I mean Christians – do not know what prayer is and why God instituted it.
4) So of course, they don’t know there is a right way, and a wrong way to pray. In addition, they don’t know there are different prayers for different circumstances, Amen.
5) What is Prayer:
God wants a relationship with His children, and prayer is a means of communication and contact with our Heavenly Father. Prayer combined with the Word of God is a channel through which His power is released to meet our needs, allowing Him opportunity to get involved in the circumstances of our lives. Amen.
6) When we pray we should expect to get answers:
Prayer is not a roulette game. Every time we go to God in Prayer, we win (we get an answer) if we are praying correctly. Most people have not been taught the concept of praying correctly. They believe they can say anything in any way and it will function as prayer.
7) This is not so. Many Christians believe they know how to pray because they picked it up from the way somebody else did it. They have not taken the time to learn what the Word says about praying. Therefore, you will hear a lot of things while praying, thinking that God hears them.
8) Some people cry, some whine, while other beg. But God does not hear your prayer because you cry, whine , or beg, or because you are on your knees all night long. It does not matter what position you are in, so lying down could be just as effective as kneeling.
9) God does not hear your prayer because of your sincerity. He does not hear you because you are in a church building. GOD Hears you because you Pray In Line with God’s Word.
10) It is sad that we are ignorant of spiritual matters. For years, I did not think God would hear me pray if I did not get on my knees with my hands folded and my eyes closed. I saw other people do that and I thought that it was the proper way to pray.
11) God will hear you just as quickly if you pray a short rather than a long prayer. It does not matter what posture you are in for Him to hear you. Too much of what we do is tradition and has nothing to do with the Word of God. Amen!
12) A common thought is that God can do anything that He wants to do, but that is not entirely true. Sure, He can do anything He pleases from the standpoint of having the ability to do it, simply because He is God.
13) However, based upon the way He has designed the system to operate – the world, man, the planet, the universe – He has built into it certain laws which govern and control it. So in that sense, God cannot do anything that violates that law that He has set in motion.
14) If He were to violate His law, then He would be violating Himself. His law would then be of no effect. If His law is no good, He is no good. Clearly, The God I serve is a Good God Amen! What I am going to say now might shock you: God has to be given permission to work on behalf of man in this earth realm. And we give it to Him through Prayer.
15) More than likely you have not heard that before, and you may say that’s ridiculous, but it is true. You can validate what I said in Gen 1:26. “Then God said, “let’s make man in our image, according to our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth”
16) Here is an illustration that will help you understand. Let’s say I have a beautiful Gold watch, and I give it to another man. If I give it to him, whose watch is it then? And who no longer has it? It is now that mans watch, and he has a right to do whatever he wants to do with it. I no longer own it.
17) If I wanted to borrow it, I would then need permission from that man. Then and only then could I wear it – and only because I have the man’s permission! Gen 1:26 tells us that God gave man dominion. Dominion means “Control, rule, reign, authority, and possession.” If man has control, who no longer owns it? God.
18) That is The truth. God did not say “Let’s share dominion with man” He said “Let them (man) have dominion.” Where is the dominion? Man has it and he wields it over everything that is in the earth. If Man has Dominion, then God does not; and God cannot come and wear my watch, so to speak, unless I let Him by permission – through prayer.
19) God has nothing to do with the mess the world is in. We messed up the earth. We are the ones who have been given control. When God gave man dominion, He did it through Adam and his wife Eve.
20) But then a Con-Man, named Lucifer commonly known as Satan or the devil, came along and conned Eve into eating the forbidden fruit. Then the woman gave some to her husband. Satan is in control of the World system. That is why the world is in such turmoil. Amen! Satan is the god of this world. He is in control of this world system.
21) As I stated earlier, God cannot do anything in this earth unless we allow Him. We must give Him our permission. And the way we allow Him in the circumstances of our lives is through prayer.
22) Adam represented all of Man-Kind. But God had to send another representative because Adam messed up. He sent the “Last Adam” – Jesus Christ. Jesus is called the “Last Adam” because He is a representative person who acted on behalf of Mankind.
23) Now every man who accepts Jesus accepts what He did, and also accepts God’s Plan and God’s Father Ship. As a result of becoming a son of God, He has a right to everything that God has created, because He originally created it for man.
24) Prayer and Faith combined allow God to work in the circumstances of our lives. As we invite Him into our circumstances through prayer and faith, we give God the opportunity and permission once again to get involved in this earth-realm on our behalf. Amen!
25) Over a 25 year period, I never heard any such things as you heard just heard. Neither did I hear ta word about how to pray. I was never told that there are different kinds of prayer. All I heard was that I should pray, and pray harder. I did not know how to pray, let alone how to pray harder. How do you pray harder when you don’t know how to pray?
26) I came to the conclusion that if if I just beg God long enough, maybe He will give me what I ask. God does not operate that way.
27) It does not matter how sincere you are or how big your need is, God does not respond to your need; He responds to His Word through prayer and Faith. Your need will get His attention, but He does not move on the basis of your need.
28) There are certain Biblical Rules and regulations regarding prayer, but some people act as if they have spiritual paralysis. They cannot comprehend spiritual things, yet as they operate in the rules and principles in their daily lives. When it comes to anything worldly, we are precise. But when it comes to spiritual matters dealing with God, we want to argue.
29) DIFFERENT KINDS OF PRAYER: There are different kinds of prayer for different circumstances, and each kind of prayer has its own spiritual rules that govern it. You have to know the rule that governs the kind of prayer you are using, or it will not work.
30) Here is an illustration: Baseball, basketball, football, soccer, are all sports, but they all have their own set of rules. You cannot play soccer with baseball rules, and you cannot play basketball with football rules, and so on. Now think of prayer under one classification – sports prayer. There is a Football prayer, baseball prayer, tennis prayer, golf prayer and basketball prayer. Just as there are different rules that govern golf and tennis, there are spiritual rules that govern different kinds of praying.
31) PRAYER OF AGREEMENT:
This prayer involves more than one person getting into agreement about one particular thing they are believing God for. Of course you can get a result from God without using this form of prayer. However if your faith is not sufficiently developed enough, or that you do not believe that your faith is strong enough to bring it to pass the thing that you desire; you can get the job done, so to speak by pooling your faith with someone else’s.
32) Faith is a spiritual force that can operate at a greater or lesser degree of manifestation at a given time. That is why Faith generated by two or more agreeing parties can be stronger level than one person praying alone
33) The bible reveals that faith can vary in degrees. Jesus made these statements to people in particular situations. “I have not found such great faith”; “Oh you of little Faith, why did you doubt?” and “According to your faith, be it onto you”.
34) There must be agreement. If Part one is praying to die, while Party two is praying that Party one lives, Party two’s prayer for life will not work because there is no agreement. The problem comes when Party one dies.
35) People will wonder why the prayer for life was not answered. They blame it on God, saying that it is not God’s will to heal everyone. If a person wants to die, the prayers of the people who want him/her to live will not work because God does not allow us to exercise faith over someone else’s will. No one can exercise his will over yours – unless you allow it to happen.
36) In 2 Peter 3:9, we are told that God is “not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” Yet people die and go to Hell every day. If God were violating people’s wills, He would make everyone get saved.
37) Now in Matthew 18:19 gives us the rule that governs the “Prayer Of Agreement”. It says, “If two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in Heaven.”
38) According to the scripture, that is a prayer for people who live on the earth. It says that they must ask, and there must be agreement in asking it. One of them cannot ask for a Lincoln car while the other asks for a Jeep Cherokee. They have to agree or the prayer will not work.
39) The Prayer of Agreement is one of the greatest ways for a husband and wife to pray, because if anybody ought to be in agreement, it ought to be the husband and Wife. If both parties are walking in the Word, and there is harmony between them, this is a very effective way to pray. Every Christian couple should learn to utilize this powerful form of prayer.
40) PRAYER OF FAITH/PETITION PRAYER:
Mark 11:24 is the scripture that governs this prayer. This prayer is a petition to God for you. “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”
41) Some people want to pray this prayer on somebody else – like their husband or wife. But if you will notice, this prayer is all about you. “I am believing that my husband will get filled with the Holy Spirit and speak with other tongues,” says the wife.
42) All the while the Husband is opposed to this and he has told her so. He wants nothing to do with tongue talkers, but the wife is zealous in her desire for him to be filled, and speaking in tongues according to the Bible. The wife cannot do this – and neither can you – not with this particular scripture. This is a “basketball player”, not a “tennis player”. It says “Therefore I say to You”!
43) Jesus did not say that you would receive something that resembled what you prayed for. No! He said you would get what you asked for. He did not say understand that you receive them, and He sure did not say, feel like you receive them. He said Believe it.
44) When you operate in the Prayer of Faith, no sight is involved – meaning no physical senses are involved. That is where many people miss it, because they are bound by their senses.
45) You say “I do not feel like it” or, I do not understand it, etc.” How can I believe that I am healed if my body still hurts and feels like it is sick? Simple. Are you gainfully employed? Most jobs don’t give you any money until you have worked 40 hours a week. How can you say you are going to get $250.00 a week when you have not seen the money,
46) You say, “But Brother Richard, the man told me that he was going to pay me.” Well I am here to tell you that The Man said if you believe you receive it, you will have it. It’s the same principle.
47) You have no proof that the employer has money in the bank to pay you at the end of 40 hours, yet you are trusting in his word. Why is it that you can’t give God equal time? Mark 11:25-26, also apply to the “petition prayer”.
“And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him that your Father in Heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you don’t forgive, neither will your Father in Heaven forgive your trespasses.”
48) In essence, this means that if you go before God with malice in your heart against your wife or husband, your children, your boss, or anyone else, and you don’t forgive them, your faith is automatically short circuited, and your prayer will not work.
49) The formula for Petition Prayer is when you pray – not after you pray; not six months later, not when you see something, but when you pray. And when you pray would be NOW. That is what Hebrews 11:1 says: “NOW FAITH IS”. It does not say tomorrow “faith is.” Nor does it say “Yesterday Faith was”. It says that Faith is now – the present tense.
50) Simply stated – your desire is to be expressed when you pray, and not after you pray. In Hebrews 11:1 it says: “NOW Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. What is the evidence or proof?
51) Evidence or proof takes the place takes the place of that thing that it is the evidence or proof until it gets there. Once the thing arrives, you do not need any more evidence of it, because you now have it.
52) If Faith is my evidence of things not seen, that means that I cannot look to anything in the sense realm to validate my faith. I must look to a higher source – the Word of God. My faith is based on the Word of God, which does not change. But my emotions, my feelings, my experiences change. Amen
53) It is not possible to pray effectively or intelligently without the knowing the will of God. In order to know his Will, we must know His Word. God’s Will is revealed in His Word. If you do not know God’s will, it’s because you have not been reading the Bible, because it is through the Bible that H makes His Will available to you.
54) Let’s look at 1 john 5:14-15: which states: “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His Will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him,”
55) If you have confidence that you have prayed according to the will of God, you should have no doubt that He heard you. Therefore, you should not pray for the same thing a second time. That is like saying you did not get your prayer answered the first time you prayed.
56) EXAMPLE OF PRAYING A PETITION PRAYER:
57) That is the end of that prayer transaction. That’s how it works, no matter if it’s for a car, job, or healing. Start using your faith on the little things and build yourself up to a point where you can believe for the bigger things. It is a process, it is progressive growth, and as you continue to grow, it will work. Praise the Lord.
PRAYER OF INTERCESSION:
1) This is when you pray for someone else totally and completely, and when you pray for someone else (or some other things) without knowing what the circumstances and situations are.
2) There are two sides of Intercession. On one side of intercession, we get into agreement about somebody or something and pray for them in English, telling God what we want. The other side – the very high end of Intercession – is where we may not even know who is being prayed for. The Holy Spirit will place a strong urge in your spirit to pray for something, or someone. Sometimes the Lord will place someone before you, and you will have a mini-vision and see that person, but you do not know what you are supposed to pray about or you do not know their problem or what they need.
3) This is where you will get into true intercession. You will not do this in your native tongue, because you will not know what to pray for, This is what Romans 8:26 is referring to:
4) “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weakness, For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us without groaning which cannot be uttered.”
5) When we pray in the understanding, you pray based upon your perceived knowledge, meaning that your prayers will be limited to what you know about a particular situation, place or thing.
6) When you pray in the spirit two very important things happen; your mind cannot get in the way to confuse the issues; and neither can the devil, because he does not know what you are saying, or what you are praying about.
7) When you pray in English, the devil can hear and know what you are praying about, and can interject some thoughts into your mind while you are praying. I believe that praying in the Spirit or tongues is the perfect way to pray. We are much more effective because we under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Amen
8) It is true intercession when you pray in the Spirit. Sometimes one might get what is termed a burden of Prayer – “Burden, not in the negative sense, but in a intense urgency to pray about a specific person, or particular situation. In this kind of praying, you pray until the burden lifts.
9) It could be 15 minutes, an hour, or even all day. The important thing is for you to pray until you receive a release in your spirit. And you will know when you do. Christians need to pray specifically for each other in the family of God.
10) We should also pray for the Lord of the Harvest will send the right laborers to the right people so that many will be saved. Amen!!
PRAYER OF PRAISE AND WORSHIP:
1) This is a prayer between you and the Lord, and all you are doing is telling Him how much you love Him, just like you would do your sweetheart. You are not asking Him for anything. You are sending up sweet savor unto Him of adoration, appreciation, and thanksgiving.
2) Do you take the time to thank the Lord? Or do you take His blessings for granted, and not give a second thought yow hast He has done and is doing in your life.
3) The Prayer of Thanksgiving is one of the simplest ways of praying, but it is one of the most effective.
PRAYER OF CONSECRATION:
1) This prayer is where you place yourself in a position to be used of God. You have to use “If it be thy Will” in this type of prayer, because you cannot find God’s will concerning the situation in the Bible.
2) Example: “Lord, you have called me and I accept and acknowledge your call upon my life. I am prepared to do whatever you want me to do, “If it be thy Will” that I go to Long Beach California to establish a ministry, I am willing to go – not my will, but your will be done.”
3) What you are doing is placing yourself in a position to be used of God and giving Him license and acknowledging His Claim over your life.
4) Jesus prayed this type of prayer before He went to the Cross. In His case, it was going to cost His life – not only physically, but it was going to cost Him by separating Him from the Father God, and He had never known separation. Jesus did not want to be separated, but He was obedient to the death.
5) In essence He said “Father if there is another way to redeem mankind without me having to become sin, let it be done. Let this cup pass from me. But not my will, but your will be done”
6) You never use a Prayer of Consecration and Dedication when you are trying to pay your bills. If you tack “If it be thy will” on the end a petition prayer, you are praying in doubt. And to do so would cancel out the prayer.
APPLY YOUR KNOWLEDGE:
1). Now that I shared with you what prayer is, and how to do it, you need to know what to do with what you know how to do. In other words, you can know how to start an automobile, but that does not mean you know what to do with it once it’s started.
2) If you will learn to accurately apply the following ingredients, every prayer will be answered. I can guarantee you that, based on the authority of God’s Word. These ingredients here deal with petition prayer, which is the prayer that has to do with you and the Father – just the two of you.
Ingredient #1: Decide what you want from God; then find the scripture that promises it to you. If you do not know what you want, that is exactly what you will get – nothing. Some of you have never been specific, and that’s why you have not received anything.
The clearly revealed Word of God is the foundation for Prayer. Your prayer is doomed before it ever leaves your mouth if you are praying outside the Will of God. You must find out what the Word of God says first in order to know whether you are praying for, is outside God’s will.
A good rule of thumb is to never pray for something for which you cannot find a scriptural promise. You will have to use wisdom in searching, because you are not going to find “Cadillac” or “Rolls-Royce”
Once you have decided what you want from God, and have found the scripture that promises it to you, be prepared for a fight as you stand in Faith. If you are not prepared for a fight, then you are not prepared to pray, because Satan is going to pull out all stops as he contests every inch of ground that you try to reclaim.
Ingredient#2: Ask God for the things you want, then believe that you have them. I did not say that you are going to get them, but believe that you have them. That is present tense. It might not make sense, but we are dealing with God’s Word and with Faith in His Word. Amen!
You must ask! There is no such thing as a silent or unspoken request. I might say something softly and Inaudibly that you will not hear me, but I am still saying it. Even if I whisper, I am speaking. As long as the Man upstairs hears me, that’s all that matters’.
How did God create the Word? The bible says that God said, “Let there be,”…and there was. It does not say that God thought. Nothing came into existence, until after God said it. And nothing is coming to you until after you say it.
Ingredient#3: Let every thought and desire affirm that you have received what you have asked for. Guard against negative thoughts which Satan will try to intimidate you. Do not accept anything except what you have asked for. Some people do not have much patience, but you have to be prepared to stand for 10,000 years if it takes that long for the manifestation of your answer.
Ingredient #4: Thoughts are governed by or controlled by observation, association, and teaching. You need to stay away from all places and things that do not support your affirmation that God has answered your prayer. What affects your thinking will affect your talking, and what affects your talking, will affect your faith, and what affects your faith will affect your life. Be careful what you read, and be careful with whom you associate. You cannot afford to be around negative people. Love and pray for them afar.
Every experience must come up to God’s Word. Remember what I said about Death and life are in the power of the tongue.(Proverbs 18:21). Bring every thought in to the obedience to the Word of God. If you want to stay consistent, you have to stay with the winner, the Word of God.
Ingredient #5: Think constantly on the promises on which you have based the answer to your prayer. (Prov. 4:20-23) If you take a steady diet of God’s Word, you will health. Do not think on the problem, think on the solution. Do not talk about the problem, talk about the solution. See yourself out of the problem. Base the solution on God’s Word.
Ingredient #6: In your wakening moments, think on the love, mercy, goodness, and blessings of God. Talk about a shot of adrenaline! It will shoot your faith right up to the top. Think on how good the Lord is”. Psalms 150:6.
Ingredient #7: Make every word relative to what you have asked for a statement of Faith. Romans 10:17 Make you word a statement of Faith rather than a statement of doubt and unbelief. God says that you have enough Faith, now you say you have enough Learn what God says about you in His Word. He will hear you and grant you the request based upon His Word. Make every statement a statement of Faith, not doubt.
Titus 1:2: tells us something very important. God cannot lie. If He cannot lie, then that means He can only tell the truth, when He tells me to pray and believe that I receive and I shall have, bless God, it is on its way, I have it, it’s mine.